Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Use All copyright and other rights that subsist in the home page and in the sub-domain pages of The Charles Darwin Trust website ("the Site") are owned by The Charles Darwin Trust of 38 Leverton Street, London NW5 2PG (Charity Registration Number 1074914) ("the Trust") or other parties.
In consideration of the Trust allowing you to access the pages of the Site you are deemed to accept the following Terms and Conditions of use (and if you do not accept these Terms and Conditions in full, you will not have permission to access the contents of the Site and you should therefore leave the Site immediately):
1. Subject to what is said below material from the Site may be downloaded, viewed, listened to (where appropriate), printed, copied on the hard disk of your computer (but not photocopied) and used for your own personal, non-commercial purposes as a personal information resource in good faith ONLY. Any other type of use requires the prior written agreement of the Trust. 2. You agree not to use the Site:
(a) to create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes material downloaded or otherwise obtained from the Site except where expressly permitted on the Site;
(b) to transmit or re-circulate any material obtained from the Site to any third party except where expressly permitted on the Site;
(c) in such a way so as to remove the copyright or trade mark notice(s) from any copies of any material made in accordance with these terms; or
(d) in any way that might infringe third party rights, be otherwise unlawful or that might bring the Trust into disrepute.
3. The Trust shall have the right to refuse to allow you access to any part of the Site at any time and for any reason without giving you any advance notice and the Trust shall not be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever arising from your inability to access or use any part of Site.
4. The copyright, and other rights, in some of the material appearing on or in the Site may belong to third parties. You may not (save as allowed in these terms and conditions) copy, reproduce, transmit or distribute any such material without the licence or permission of the author and you agree to pay any costs or expenses incurred by the Trust which may arise as a result of your failure to obtain such licence or permission.
5. Whilst every effort has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information provided on the Site, it has been provided from a number of sources and the Trust does not accept any liability for this information. It is the responsibility of users to check the accuracy of relevant facts and opinions given on the Site before entering into any commitment based upon them.
6. The Trust cannot guarantee that your use of the Site will be free from error and/or uninterrupted. The Trust shall not be liable for any damages including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential damages, damages for loss of opportunity or chance, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of, or in connection with the Site or any other Internet sites.
7. The Site may contain material (including, but not limited to, advertisements) posted by third parties. Individual users and advertisers are solely responsible for the content of advertising and other material which they submit to the Trust and for ensuring that such content complies with all relevant legislation. The Trust accepts no responsibility for the content of material submitted by third parties, including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein.
8. Save unless otherwise stated, no warranty whatsoever is given as to any goods or services purchased, obtained or offered to you through use of the Site, whether accessed directly or otherwise, and no liability is accepted by the Trust in relation to any contract entered into by you with any third party on or by means of the Site.
9. The Site may contain links to external websites. These links are included to give users the opportunity to access other pages that it is felt may be of assistance to them. The Trust is not responsible for the content of these Internet sites. Cookies may be used on this website, and by visiting it, visitors are deemed to have accepted their use in the conventional manner.
10. Whilst effort has been taken to ensure that the Site is free from viruses, no warranties are given that it is free from viruses and users are responsible for ensuring that they have installed adequate virus checking software. The Trust shall not be liable for any viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of the Site or any hardware on which it is hosted.
11. The names, images and logos identifying the Trust and the Site or third parties and their products and services, are the proprietary marks of the Trust, and/or may be the proprietary marks of third parties. Any use made of these marks may be an infringement of rights in those marks and the Trust reserves all rights to enforce such rights that it might have. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right under any trade mark or patent of the Trust or any other third party.
12. Nothing in these terms serves to exclude or limit liability for death or personal injury arising from negligence or any liability which is otherwise prohibited from being excluded by law.
13. These terms may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review these terms regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the Site after a variation has been posted.
14. If any of these terms should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
15. These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising from matters relating to the Site shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
16. Privacy - If you provide any personal data to the Trust via the Site or otherwise the Trust will only use that personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, these Terms and Conditions and any other relevant legislation. The Trust will use your personal data to provide you with the services you have requested. Where you provide us with data in the context of booking a place at an event hosted or connected with the Trust, the Trust will use that data for the purpose of processing the bookings for the event. The Trust DO NOT and WILL NOT disclose your personal data to third parties except where required to do so by law. If your personal details change you must inform the Trust as soon as possible to ensure its records are accurately maintained and to avoid Trust literature being forwarded unnecessarily.
17. Contact Information - Contact information that you provide to the Trust via the Site or otherwise may also be used by the Trust to send you details (by email, telephone, fax or post) about selected Trust activities, including the events program, fundraising or development or any other events that may take place at The Charles Darwin Trust. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE SENT THIS INFORMATION PLEASE SEND AN APPROPRIATELY WORDED EMAIL TO email@example.com
If you have any queries about these terms or about the Site generally, please send an appropriately worded email to firstname.lastname@example.org